Our office offers a wide range of immigration services including:

  • Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) – Recognizing that the family is important in the life of the nation, the U.S. Congress created ways for family members to be reunited with their relatives who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Whether your familial relationships stems from blood relation or marriage, we at Catala Marques can help. If you believe you qualify for a family-based green card please schedule a consultation with us today.
  • Adjustment of Status – If you are currently in the U.S. and have won the green card lottery, received approval of a visa petition (Form I-130), or spent one year in the U.S. as an asylee or a refugee, please contact our office for assistance as you will need to adjust your status through USCIS.
  • Consular Processing – If your relative is overseas, we can assist with the consular processing procedure to complete the green card application.  It is only after the consulate interviews and approves the immigrant for an immigrant visa that he or she can enter the U.S. and claim permanent resident status.
  • U.S. Citizenship – At Catala Marques, we can assist green card holders in their naturalization process.
  • Fiance & Marriage Visas – Married or engaged to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and need to apply for a green card or visa?  We can help! Please contact us today.
  • Conditional Permanent Residence – A conditional permanent resident receives a green card valid for 2 years. In order to remain a permanent resident, a conditional permanent resident must file a petition to remove the condition during the 90 days before the card expires.  The conditions must be removed or you will lose your permanent resident status.  We can assist you with this complicated process.
  • Asylum – Every year, people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.  We at Catala Marques can determine if you are eligible for Asylum, and take the necessary steps if you are.
  • Victims of Crime:
    • U-Visas – The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000 authorized a new visa for immigrant victims of serious crimes, called the “U” visa.  Although the U visa is temporary in nature, it can lead to a U.S. green card (permanent residence).  If you were a victim of a serious crime in the U.S. and have cooperated or are willing to cooperate with law enforcement, please contact or office today for assistance.
    • T-Visas – In October 2000, Congress created the “T” nonimmigrant status by passing the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act (VTVPA). The legislation strengthens the ability of law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute human trafficking, and also offer protection to victims.  If you have been a victim of this atrocious crime, please contact us.
    • VAWA (Violence Against Women’s Act) – As a battered spouse, child, or parent, you may file an immigrant visa petition under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). The VAWA provisions in the INA allow certain spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens and certain spouses and children of permanent residents (Green Card holders) to file a petition for themselves, without the abuser’s knowledge. This allows victims to seek both safety and independence from their abuser, who is not notified about the filing.  The VAWA provisions, which apply equally to women and men, are permanent and do not require congressional reauthorization.  Please contact our office if you find yourself in this situation.
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) – In June of 2012, the Obama administration created this new remedy for young immigrants in the U.S. with no legal status.  It allows non-citizens who were brought to the U.S. under the age of 16, and who meet all other requirements, to apply for 2 years’ protection from deportation, as well as apply for a work permit.  Please contact our office to see if you may be eligible.  We can also assist you with renewals.
  • Work Permit Applications – Whether you qualify for a work permit, or need to renew an existing one, we can assist you.
  • Removal Defense –  We understand how critical it is to receive legal assistance when you are in removal proceedings. Contact our office today to speak with an attorney who can help you with your case.
  • Bonds – Please contact our office as soon as you or a loved one is detained by ICE and if you want to be released on bond. At Catala Marques, we can help you determine whether you are bond eligible, and we will advocate for your release.

Our office can assist you with the above immigration services and more. We are able to serve clients in a variety of foreign languages including Spanish and Russian.  Call now to make an appointment for a consultation. We look forward to discussing your case with you.